Refer A Hospice Patient
Thank you for considering a Lower Cape Fear Hospice referral for your patients and families. We offer the following services that will benefit your patients and families:
- Staff physicians: Our full-time physicians and nurse practitioners who specialize in hospice and palliative medicine can make house calls as needed.
- Specialists in palliative medicine: We’re experts in managing pain and symptoms, and provide quality palliative care.
- Three nearby hospice care centers in North Carolina: In Bolivia, Wilmington, and Whiteville. Offer 24/7 acute hospice and respite care.
- Volunteers: 600 volunteers provide emotional support, assistance, and friendship.
- On-call staff 24/7: We’re available to answer questions or address concerns day, night, or weekends.
- Open access: Treatments help relieve pain and symptoms can continue in hospice care.
- Crisis care: Around-the-clock nursing care, monitoring, and support to home care patients with acute medical or psychological symptoms is available until the crisis is resolved.
- Door-to-door service: Hospice staff, and hospice-related medical equipment and medications arrive at the patient’s door.
- Community bereavement: Grief support helps those served by hospice as well as community adults and children.
- Nonprofit: As a nonprofit hospice, we offer care regardless of ability to pay. We also offer veterans services.
- Experience: As the largest and most experienced hospice in southeastern N.C., we provide care to more than 600 hospice and palliative care patients each day.
For more information, or to refer a patient, please call 800-207-6908.